Saturday, October 5, 2013

Science Proving Religion...That's a Fact!

So I was in science class the other day, which I enjoy. I really like the teacher and the content so it's a pretty good class for me. But I learned something the other day that actually proved our religion and you know, having a blog you kind of have to share it. :)

We were learning about cells and the cell theory and how all living things are made up of cells and how there were one celled organisms and multi-celled organisms. (did I lose you there? It sure lost me before but then I re-read the chapter. :))

So after my science teacher went over the stuff with us, he said something along the lines of "Now this is cool because it proves some of our religion."

And so we all kind of nodded and listened like good students.

Then he said, "When does life begin?"

One student said, "Birth."

Another said, "Baptism."

I was kind of surprised at the answers, and so was my teacher apparently. The thing is, I know a lot about life since my whole family is pro-life and my parents so happen to be the pro-life coordinators at our church. So let's just say I get dragged to a lot of pro-life rallies and hear about a lot of stuff that are relevant to life.


So I raised my hand and said, "Conception."

I guess I got that right and my teacher nodded. "Life starts at conception. You know why?"

We all shook our heads. So my teacher drew 1/2 +1/2 =1 on the board and said, "One half cell from mom, one from dad. And 1/2 +1/2 equals?"

"One!" We all yelled. It made total sense! I kind of had a "duh me" moment there.

"So if the cell theory states all living things have cells and one half of a cell plus another half of a  cell equals one cell, is this "thing" alive?"

"Yes!"

If you aren't a fast learner in science (like me, don't worry) all living things are made up of cells. Even if it has one cell, it is living. (like some bacteria, or in this case a new growing baby.)

So as the baby grows, it's cells multiply to form your cousin, brother or friend that you see today.
So cool!

Tell your parents (mine weren't that surprised but I told them anyway. :)) that science proves our religion!

Life starts at conception, and that's  a fact!

All through Christ,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment