Sunday, September 20, 2015

UPDATE

So apparently I am not dead.

High school doesn't kill people right away apparently. :D

You probably have one of two reactions. One, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH CHILD" or "Oh great. She's back." *headdesk*.

So in case you don't know, I recently started high school! *cues applause*. And so far I have survived. That's super exciting.

But with high school comes 2/3 hours of homework, and a lot of driving (my school is 30 minutes away), and a lot of debating about what activities you really want to spend your time on because the more you think about it, the less time you realize you have. 

Good Things About High School
1. New people. New teachers. New places to get lost (well I guess that isn't good...)
2. High school you are given more freedom (but with more freedom comes more responsibility so...)
3. DAILY MASS IS ATTAINABLE it's great. I love the chapel at my school. I literally feel peace whenever I walk into it. It's great. 
4. The cafeteria food is really good. Like, I wish it wasn't that good because I am spending waaay too much money heh heh. I think the hardest Lenten promise I might ever make is not getting food from the cafeteria. *gulps*.
5. My uniform is actually super comfy. And my skirt has pockets. And I can wear whatever socks I want. Yay for uniforms.

Not-so-Good Things About High School
1. IT'S HIGH SCHOOL I am growing up and soon I will have to actually think about colleges and futures and AH someone stop time please.
2. A lot of homework. Less social time. More stress time. :)
3. A lot of hard thinking- it's not elementary school any more (see note 1). Everything is taken a step farther.
4. My school is 30 minutes away. I spend at least an hour a day driving... and that's just for school. If I have rehearsal for the musical (which is Guys and Dolls by the way) then it's 2 hours a day.

Hey well look at that, the good things outweigh the bad! That's always a plus!

But let me just say the reason I haven't been posting is 1- high school is a lot to adapt to and 2- my school computer won't let me access my blog. So finally I got on my mom's computer. (Thanks Mom!)

You'll be seeing more of me soon, I promise. I am trying to get a review up of the newest Kendrick brothers movie, War Room, perhaps write some reflections on why God doesn't give you what you want all the time, and let you all know of some books that have boosted my spiritual inspiration.

Just a small note- these posts may be shorter than I usually write, just for the sake of how much time I have.

But let me know- how was your guys' summer? How's school going so far? Let me know in the comment section or email me at randommusings13@gmail.com . :)

Thanks for being amazing!

All through Christ,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment