Sunday, February 14, 2016

He's after YOUR Heart


I'm not going to pretend to know everything about love, because I haven't experienced it fully yet. I'm not going to pretend to give you relationship advice, because I have never been in one. I'm not going to pretend to tell you that I understand what it's like to be single... because I have never been through heartbreak to make me feel that completely that way.

But I can tell you this.

He's after your heart. 

God's searching and weaving through crowds and yelling and waving his arms big and proud because he wants YOU to come back to Him.

He's that romantic guy in the movies who brings flowers to your doorstep and calls you in the middle of the night to check if you're okay.

He's the good, good father who brings knocks gently on your door to make sure that you had a good day.

He's a gentleman that opens the doors that you need, and closes the doors that you don't.

He's after your heart. 

I think the outlook on Valentine's day is completely and utterly stupid. You know why?

Because it's focused on one type of love, and one type only. The sappy, sweet romantic movie love. I mean, that's great, bravo! Who doesn't like romance?

But love is SO much more than Nicholas Spark movies and chocolate and flowers.

What about the love between a mother and a daughter? The selfless love between two best friends? Love between siblings?

Or maybe even the love between the Creator and the created?

Oh, if only we could measure the depth of God's love for us. 

Oh yes, a man may lay down his coat of you in the rain. 

Jesus laid down his life in the midst of sin and death. 

Man is human, man makes mistakes.

Jesus is divine, and the completeness of perfection. 

God loves without conditions, with a beautiful agape love. Unconditionally, no matter what you do, what you say, who you are... God loves.

Man compliments you, but God completes.

So this Valentines day, I challenge you to love more, even if you don't have a significant other. Call up your grandma, send flowers to your mom, write a love note to your best friend. BUY CHOCOLATES FOR YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU LOVE YOURSELF TOO!

And please don't get the vibe that I am saying having a significant other is bad. Nawwwwww, not at all! In fact, most people are jealous of you. :) I am just saying that's not the only type of love out there- there is so much more to celebrate.

So buy yourself chocolates and give your family a hug because Jesus gave us love to conquer ANYTHING, even death. :)

All through Christ,

Maddie



7 comments:

  1. Right on Maddie! Really liked this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Nick! :) I am so glad you enjoyed it !

      Delete
  2. Hi Maddie,I am 15 and finially recieving my sacrement of baptism at easter vigil next month.All of us girls,preteen and teen,have to wear a poofy,white,short sleeve,top of the knees dress with a bonnet,lace anklets or tights,and white 'mary jane' shoes.Under our dress we have to wear a cloth diaper with plastic pants over it and an undershirt.I dont know wether i should wear the tights or the lace anklets.Could you give me some advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! First off, congratulations on soon receiving the sacrament of baptism! I am so very happy for you! :) And as for what I would wear... I would say the lace anklets since the tights probably won't be as comfortable to wear wet. Besides, who doesn't like lace? :) Hope I helped! -Maddie

      Delete
  3. When i was baptized at 16 at Easter vigil,all of us preteen and teen girls also wore the poofy,white short sleeve,top of the knees baptism dresses with the bonnet.We all wore the cute lace socks with our white shoes and me and some of the other girls also had the same lace that was on our socks sewn across the back of our plastic pants to make them look cuter!The only bad thing was that my plastic pants were adult size and fit blousy over my diaper and crinkled under my dress all day long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i was 15,i also was baptized at Easter vigil and my parish required the all white outfits for the girls and boys! The boys had to wear white suits and shoes,while us girls had to wear the white,poofy,short sleeve,top of the knees baptism dress with the matching bonnet,lace anklets and white mary jane style shoes.We too had to wear a white tee shirt with a cloth diaper and 'rubberpants'[plasticpants] under our dresses.My diaper was 10 plies thick and was pinned on me with diaper pins.I wasnt as lucky as some of the other girls here who wore adult size plastic pants,my great aunt got a pair of toddler extra large size plastic pants for me,and i had them over my diaper most of the day! They fit me tight and the elastic leg openings dug into my leg joints and was uncomfortable!Towards the end of my party,mom had me take the diaper off and i wore the rubberpants under my dress up untill bed time!All of us girls who were baptized at Easter vigil,had to wear our baptism diaper,plastic pants and tee shirt under our first communion dresses a month later in may,only this time mom got me adult size small plastic pants that fit me much better!

      Delete
  4. When me and my twin brother were baptized at 16 during Easter vigil,the boys had to wear a white suit and ty and all of us girls had to wear a white,empire waist,short sleeve,top of the knees baptism gown with a half crinoline under it and a white bonnet with white tights and white patent leather shoes.We had to wear a white tee shirt as our top under the gown and a cloth diaper and adult size plastic pants under the tights!It was a little weird walking with the 10 ply thick diaper between my legs and the plastic pants bunched up over it!

    ReplyDelete