Saturday, June 6, 2015

I am a Sinner

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours
You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet
'Cause You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
(Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners")
I am a sinner.

I am a sinner, and I do not have this picture perfect relationship with God despite what it may seem on my blog. (I am not saying that you think this, just I have a feeling I may be suggesting this and I would like to apologize for it). These thoughts have been weighing on my heart for awhile now, and I decided this may seem like a good time to share them.

I have a terrible time staying humble (anyone else out there..?). When people congratulate me on my blog or thank me for a post, I really do not know what to say. I feel grateful, and I feel honored, and I try to say that the best I can, but I also want to say "I am not this holy all the time."

Because I really am not. Sure, I have these spurts when I feel as close to a saint as I can, but those come in short and sparing conditions. One day I feel like God and I are the best of friends, and the next day I question if He's even listening. I share what I believe will impact people, but what I am sorry for not telling you all before is that I am in no way, shape or form perfect, or even close to it.

Because I am a sinner. I am mean to my siblings, I am rude to my parents, I get distracted during Mass. And I am sorry.

I do want to change the view-point of my blog. I don't want it to be more of a "advice" giving blog than a "I have been there and this is what I learned". I might have a post about "5 Ways to Evangelize" or "How to Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet". But I write these because I have learned something beautiful from them, and I want to share it with you guys.

But because I am a sinner doesn't mean God doesn't love me. And because you are a sinner doesn't mean God doesn't love you. We all sin, we all make mistakes, but we are all lifted up into God's arms. And that is what comforts me.

Because sin was conquered by Christ.

So from one stubborn, level-headed sinner to another, let's take the Devil down together. :)

All through Christ,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment